How North End Contracting Inspects Roofs Using Drones and Ariel Imagery
Drone roof inspections are accomplished through piloting a drone equipped with a high-resolution camera into the air and capturing images which are compiled into detailed aerial maps of the inspection subject. This method is common with large buildings and properties with multiple buildings. The result is an incredibly detailed model of the property and its structures which clearly reveals the condition of each roof and can be used to create accurate plans for repair and replacement.
Drones can also fly extremely close to structures, making the inspection of roofs with complicated designs and hard to reach areas such as skylights much more efficient and accurate.
The Value of Drones in Roof Inspections
Roof inspections have historically required observation either at the ground level, from a ladder, or from physically walking the roof. These observations not only involve steep angles, but also expansive and even inaccessible areas. The amount of time required for these antiquated methods is costly, not to mention the liability risks. Because of these time requirements and physical restrictions, observing every inch of roofs is extremely unlikely, and the quality of these inspections is highly limited.
However, when utilizing a drone to capture high quality photos and videos, not only of the roof, but of the entire structure and property, these inspections can be performed within just a few hours. This allows us to observe the results of the inspection from the ground and prepare a detailed analysis of the data in less time and with virtually no risk of injury.
Drone Inspections Improve the Accuracy and Consistency of Rooftop Measurements
From twisted tape measures to inconsistent endpoint selection, to inaccessible edges, it’s difficult to maintain accuracy and consistency within a set of rooftop measurements.
But where human ability falls short, machine learning now picks up the slack. Solutions like Roof Report use the latest advances in drone mapping technology to take accurate measurements of square footage, roof features, pitch, surface area, and slope in a matter of minutes. And rigorous tests have shown these measurements to be consistently 99.4% accurate.
No more worrying about inaccurate data or having to return to a site to gather missed information. The solution uses a set protocol for selecting endpoints, so measurements are complete and consistent throughout an entire project.
Drones are a Safer, Cost-Effective Alternative to Boots-on-the-Roof
Falls are the leading cause of death on industrial job sites. With drones, you reduce, and in some cases eliminate, the need for ladder assists and boots-on-the-roof data collection.
North End Contracting — uses drones to perform roof inspections and cut the amount of time its spend in dangerous areas. As Mike Hamburger points out, if he can reduce time spent on a roof by three hours, that’s three hours an employee is on the ground and out of harm’s way.
Benefits of Roof Reports Detailed Estimates From North End Contracting
- Automate the collection of high-resolution roof imagery
- Generate accurate roof reports with the click of a button
- Take consistent, accurate measurements of square footage, roof features, pitch, surface area, and slope
- Access a PDF file for easy sharing and collaboration
- Export a roof geometry ESX file compatible with your xactimate software for accurate timely insurance estimates
- 3X faster than traditional methods
- Collect data in a consistent, repeatable way
- Drones are becoming an essential tool for insurance claims. Learn why in this post.
- Drones help roofing inspectors improve safety, gather better data and provide detailed accurate estimates
- Safe digital accurate take offs and estimates emailed to you directly
- North End Contracting LLC, a St Paul roofing contractor and St Paul roofing company, specializes in roof installation, residential asphalt roofing, vinyl siding, and storm damage in Minnesota. We are insurance-trained and certified, and provide timely and accurate onsite inspections for you and your insurance company in the event that your house suffers roof damage, siding damage, hail damage, wind damage, or storm damage. Our St Paul roofing company is big enough to handle your project and small enough to care. At North End Contracting, we have licensed and experienced residential roofing contractors who offer quality workmanship at affordable prices, and are supported by the best warranties in the business.
- During storm season, many companies come into an area temporarily as “storm chasers.” They work an area after a storm, then leave to go on to the next storm area. Many of these companies repair roofs as fast as they can before moving on because they will not be here to call for warranty work and/or service calls. North End Contracting will be around after the storm.North End Contracting offers stress-free financing options for homeowners throughout Greater Twin Cities Metro Area. During a consultation, we can discuss with you our financing options we qualify you on the spot, designated to fit your specific project.
Our financing options cover work for ROOFING SIDING AND WINDOWS we will help make the entire process easier. North End Contracting 3rd party financing options were designed with you in mind, which means we want your roofing & siding project to go as smoothly as possible, including the expense. ZERO DOWN ZERO INTEREST ZERO PAYMENTS FOR 12 MONTHS CALL NOW 651-488- 8605If you are looking for a licensed Roofing and Siding contractor in the TWIN CITIES MN Area call NORTH END CONTRACTING at 651-488-8605. NORTH END CONTRACTING WWW.dev.ewsproduction.com/neroof.com OFFERS FREE STORM DAMAGE INSPECTIONS. Service areas include the Twin Cities, MN.
Residential Roofing Services ( GAF, OWENS CORNING, IKO, TAMKO)
Residential Siding Services ( CERTIANTEED, PLYGEM MASTIC, LP SMARTSIDE )
Minneapolis/St Paul/Eagan/Lake Elmo/Maplewood/Shoreview/Roseville/White Bear Lake/Stillwater/ Woodbury/West St Paul/Mendota Heights/Burnsville/Apple Valley/Bloomington/Edina/Plymouth/St Louis Park/Prior Lake/Chaska/Carver/Shakopee